Children's English learning is the enlightenment stage of the whole English learning, so how to let children master the ability of English application? The following English foreign teacher to tell you.
1. Stimulating Interest in Learning
Interest is the power source of learning. The ultimate goal of enlightenment is to stimulate children's ability to learn actively.
The cultivation of interest only needs to provide resources, encouragement and "temptation" to believe that children will naturally have interest if they find happiness in the process.
Almost every baby likes to watch cartoons, so why don't we parents let our baby watch Chinese cartoons and show him English cartoons by the way?
Watching the original English cartoon is a very important way to cultivate the baby's sense of English language and interest in learning English. That is to say, parents can let their babies exchange Chinese and English cartoons and slowly guide their babies to love English cartoons. Of course, different age groups of babies like to watch animated cartoons are also different. Here's what parents need to pay attention to when choosing English animated cartoons:
(1) Pronunciation must be standard, original animation;
(2) Dialogues should be more frequent, more life-oriented, and the language should be relatively simple and easy to understand. For example, "Robot Wally" is a well-known and successful film, but throughout the whole article, there are only few dialogues, even with a clear "robot" tone, not suitable for learning English. "Pink pig girl", "card by", "love adventure Dora" and so on are very suitable for babies to watch English cartoons.
(3) Stories should be lively and interesting, suitable for repeated reading. Because learning English through animated cartoons is not an overnight success. It's not enough to watch an animated cartoon 10 times. Only a vivid and interesting classic can be used as a language learning material.
2. Timely teaching in sensitive period of study
Generally speaking, children who are exposed to two languages before the age of 4 can master both languages without any effort.
According to cross-cultural studies, babies are equally receptive to all languages. So during this period, children need to watch pictures, listen actively, use their surroundings to help them understand the meaning of the English words and sentences they hear/learn, and practice pronunciation.
In this period, the focus of children's English learning should be "listening". From English nursery rhymes, nursery rhymes, English picture books with CD will be the most effective learning methods at this stage.